Rajghat is a memorial dedicated to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi). It is situated on the banks of the Yamuna River on Mahatma Gandhi Road. It’s a black marble platform where last rites of Mahatma Gandhi were performed after their assassination on 31th January 1948. It is an open air memorial of Mahatma Gandhi and this place is spread in large green area.
Rajghat Timings, Entry Fee
- Timings of Raj Ghat are from 6.30 AM to 6 PM. Rajghat opening time is 6.30 in the morning and closing time is 6 in the night.
- It remains open on all days of the week.
- No weekly off for Rajghat.
- Entry is completely free for Indian and foreigners.
- Visitors must have to remove shoes while entering to the memorial.
- Free parking facility is available for the visitors.
- Free RO Drinking facility is available for the visitors.
- Barrier Free movement for Divyang.
- Cafeteria facility is available for the visitors.
- Souvenir Shop, Library, Interpretation Centre, Book Shop is available for the visitors.